- User-provided information: Name, address, phone number, credit card details, email address, accommodation name, accommodation location, duration of stay, Totalsurfcamp account password, passenger name, date of birth, nationality, passport details (passport number, issuing country, expiration date).
- Automatically collected usage information: IP address, geographic data, country, search preferences, browser, device's operating system, application version, language settings, viewed pages, mobile device information (device identification, device location with consent, specific device settings, and features).
- Reservation details: Means and websites used, information collected through cookies, tags, and similar technologies.
- Information collected for tours or travel activities: Passport details, date of birth, height, weight, pick-up location, preferred tour/activity language, special requirements.
- Customer service communication information.
- Feedback about accommodation or ancillary services: Name and country of residence.
- Data provided through referral programs, promotions, feedback, or assistance requests.
- Data provided on behalf of other guests when making reservations.
Other sensitive data
- Religion or health-related information may be collected in certain cases, though not typically part of standard accommodation bookings. This includes government-issued identification or medical certificate information used to support transactions or requests, or voluntarily shared information such as dietary needs.
HOW WE USE THE COLLECTED INFORMATION
We may use the information collected through the Site for the following purposes:
- Providing Requested Services: This includes creating a user account, processing and confirming your reservation, and communicating with you about the requested services (e.g., pre-booking or post-booking support chat, special requests, cancellations, rewards).
- Marketing Communications: Sending you marketing communications about products, services, news, offers, and promotions that may be relevant to you. Conducting surveys or providing information about our services on our Site or other websites you may visit.
- Site Maintenance and Personalization: Maintaining and improving the Site, personalizing the user experience (including showing/offering advertisements about Totalsurfcamp products and services or third-party offerings that may be relevant to users or of interest to users), and for internal training.
- Security: Protecting your security and that of the Site.
- Legal Rights and Obligations: Exercising a right or obligation conferred or imposed by law, including responding to legal requests and demands.
- Partner Bookings: When you make a reservation on the websites or applications of our business partners, we may also receive certain information, such as your name and reservation details, including the booked accommodation, to process your reservation and identify the originating channel of your reservation.
- Reservation Reminders: If you have not completed an online reservation, we may send you up to two reminders to continue with your booking. These reminders are helpful as they allow you to resume a reservation without having to search for the accommodation or fill in all the reservation details from scratch. These reminders are unique communications, and the reservation information used for such reminders will be deleted from our systems following our data retention policy detailed below.
Please note that confirmation emails and text messages sent after your reservation are not marketing messages. These messages are part of your accommodation reservation process. They respectively contain information for your check-in at the reserved accommodation and a separate invitation to complete the guest review form. You will continue to receive them even if you have opted out of receiving our marketing messages.
Additionally, we may also send you a pre-check-in email, reminding you of essential information during your stay at the accommodation.
As mentioned earlier, if you are completing the reservation for someone else who will be staying at the reserved accommodation, you also have the option to input the guest's email address for them to receive the reservation confirmation and a separate invitation to complete a guest review.
Communications on the Site
We offer various means for you and accommodation partners to communicate about existing accommodations and reservations, directing communications through the Site. You can contact us if you have questions about your reservation or accommodation through the Site and other channels we may provide.
We may access communications and use automated systems to review, scan, and analyze communications for security purposes, fraud prevention, compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, investigations of potential misconduct, product development and improvement, research, customer engagement (including providing you with information and offers we believe may be of interest to you), and customer service or technical support. We reserve the right to block delivery or review communications that, at our sole discretion, we believe may contain malicious content, spam, or may pose a risk to you, accommodation partners, us, or others. Please note that all communications sent or received through the communication tools on the Site will be received and stored by us. Business partners through whose platform you made the reservation and accommodation partners may choose to communicate with you directly via email or other channels that we do not control.
Sharing Your Information
In relation to your visit to our Site and the use of our services, we may share your information as follows:
- Travel Providers: This includes accommodation properties (e.g., the specific accommodation you have requested us to book) and/or third-party accommodation providers (e.g., Booking.com), airlines, car rental, insurance, and, where available, activity providers that fulfill your travel bookings. These providers may contact you as necessary to obtain additional information about you, facilitate your travel reservation (including pre-arrival communication about your upcoming stay), or respond to a review you may submit according to their independent privacy policies.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We engage external service providers who assist us with data processing services (e.g., web hosting) or process personal data for purposes such as credit card and payment processing, business analytics, customer service, marketing, distribution of surveys, facilitating online services, and tailored advertising based on your interests and/or fraud prevention. Our external service providers will only process information as necessary to perform their functions and are not allowed to share or use the information for any other purposes.
- Business Partners: We may partner with external businesses to offer joint products or services, or their products or services may be offered on our Sites. You can identify when an external business partner is involved in a product or service you have requested because their name will appear, either alone or with ours. If you choose to access these optional services, we may occasionally share your personal data with these partners. Examples of business partners include (i) a third-party loyalty program where you can earn points through a reservation or (ii) a third-party activity or tour provider with whom we share information related to tours/activities you book through our Site.
- Group Affiliated Companies: Our affiliated companies (within the group) with our permission may have access to this information and may need to know or access this information to: provide the service requested by you (including making, managing, and handling reservations or managing payments, single sign-on, and customer service); analyze how you use our independent and affiliated platforms, improve and provide new and personalized offers, products, and services; detect, prevent, and investigate fraudulent transactions and/or illegal activities and data breaches; conduct internal investigations (auditing/compliance); or as required or permitted by applicable law.
- Legal Requirements: When required or permitted by law, for instance, to protect ourselves against liabilities, respond to subpoenas, court orders, legitimate requests, warrants, or equivalents from law enforcement officials or authorities, investigate fraud or other irregularities, or as required or necessary to comply with applicable law, protect our legitimate interests, or those of buyers in connection with any sale, assignment, or other transfer of all or part of our business or company. We may also, in accordance with applicable law, disclose your information to enforce or apply the applicable terms and conditions of our services or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Totalsurfcamp, our users, or others.
- Business Reorganization: As part of any sale, assignment, or other transfer of our business or service transition to another provider. We will seek your consent if required by applicable law.
Our Site may use and allow third parties to place cookies (session and persistent), pixels/tags, SDKs, Application Program Interfaces ("APIs"), and other technologies (collectively, "Cookies") on our Site, which may collect and store certain information about you. Some of these Cookies are necessary to provide, protect, and maintain the basic functions of the Site, such as keeping you logged in while you visit our Site ("Functional Cookies"). Other Cookies are used to enhance your user experience, including:
- Non-essential Website Analytics: This includes tracking mouse clicks, movements, page scrolling, and restricted text entered into forms on our Site through selected third parties. However, we take sufficient precautions to ensure that no personal data is collected during such recordings, such as adopting irreversible masking. Website analytics is used to improve our Site and services.
- Targeted Advertising: Cookies are used to deliver tailored advertisements based on your interests ("Non-Functional Cookies").
Our use of Functional and Non-Functional Cookies is subject to geographical implementation.
MARKETING CHANNELS AND OPT-OUT OPTIONS
Depending on your preferences, we may use various marketing channels to reach out to you, including email, SMS, mobile messaging applications (e.g., WhatsApp), automated notifications via the Totalsurfcamp app on your device, and interest-based advertising on social media platforms (e.g., Facebook). The selection of marketing channels utilized to communicate with you will be based on your choices, the communication platforms you use, and whether you have chosen to be a part of a Totalsurfcamp group for that specific channel. Additionally, the ability to use a particular marketing channel for communication may be contingent on the settings you have configured for that channel.
If you wish to stop receiving our marketing communications, you have the option to unsubscribe at any time. To do so, you can use the "Unsubscribe" link or follow the opt-out instructions provided in our marketing communications or respective marketing channels. Alternatively, you may also manage your marketing preferences through your Totalsurfcamp account, depending on the specific channel you wish to opt-out from.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
To achieve the aforementioned purposes, we may store your information in locations located outside your country of origin. Please note that these locations may have different data protection standards compared to those in your country of origin.
SECURITY MEASURES AND DATA RETENTION
To safeguard your information from accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, alteration, disclosure, or unauthorized access, we maintain reasonable physical, electronic, and organizational security measures.
Regarding data retention, we will keep your personal data, including sensitive personal data, for as long as necessary to provide and protect our Sites and services, uphold our legal rights, safeguard our interests or those of others, and comply with our legal or regulatory obligations. The retention period for information is determined on a case-by-case basis. Once Totalsurfcamp no longer requires your information, we will make reasonable efforts to delete it from our systems and records, or alternatively, we will deactivate it or implement other appropriate measures to effectively anonymize it so that identification is no longer possible.
HOW TO CHANGE YOUR INFORMATION
You can easily correct the name on your account, the name of the booking holder (subject to the reservation cancellation policy), and the contact number at any time by logging into your account on the website.
Alternatively, contact us at email@example.com to exercise any of the following rights:
- Access: You have the right at any time to obtain information about your personal data that we store, in accordance with applicable law, and at no cost to you. However, in exceptional cases, we may ask you to pay reasonable fees before providing the information, if permitted by applicable law.
- Rectification: You can request the rectification of any of your personal data that is incomplete or incorrect.
- Deletion: You can request the deletion of your account.
- Processing Restrictions: You can ask us to stop processing your personal data, for example, if you have objected to the processing and the existence of legitimate grounds is still being considered.
- Objection: You can object at any time to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Right to Withdraw Consent: You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of our processing based on that consent before its withdrawal.
To protect your privacy and security, we will verify your identity before responding to such a request, and your request will be answered within a reasonable timeframe. In some cases, we may not be able to allow you access to certain personal data, e.g., if your personal data is connected with personal data of other individuals or for legal reasons. In such cases, we will provide an explanation of why you cannot obtain this information. We may also deny your request for deletion or rectification of your personal data if you have a future/ongoing service with us or due to legal provisions, especially those affecting our accounting processes, claims processing, fraud detection, and mandatory data retention, which may prohibit deletion or anonymization. This includes retaining your personal data for a period of 120 days after your last check-out to handle any post-booking matters, such as complaints or claims, for fraud prevention, trade sanction reasons, legal claims, or requests.